We offer several options for shipping depending on whether an item is purchased through the STORE or via a Request, with the former being managed by the selected shipping service. We’re not in the business of making money off of shipping so we try to keep it as economical as possible.
For anything we ship via a Request will typically incur the following charges;
|USPS Priority Mail™
Small Flat Rate Box
|Preferred shipping for smaller items and multiples. No additional handling fees.
|USPS First Class Parcel
||When you’re buying a single small and light item or something that will fit in a tiny box or envelope. Several items may incur a small additional per item handling fee.
||Anything that doesn’t fit in a small box or a Flat Rate Box will ship via UPS. Cannot ship to PO Boxes.
Other shipping methods available upon request although we will not ship FedEx. In the case of some of the larger items, delivery can sometimes be arranged if you’re not too far from Oregon. Please let us know if this option interests you and we’ll get you a quote and a delivery schedule.
How we Sell
We choose to classify items in three distinct ways; Inventory Items which are typically available through the STORE, Cataloged Items which you can browse via the STOCK (coming soon) pages & specialty items through our Inventory Index. We have three methods available for streamlining communicating about or purchasing items in these categories;
- Most Inventory items use the Ecwid Store. We’ve attempted to make using this tool as seamless as possible but it all else fails you can visit the STORE and do a product search. If you don’t find it there we encourage to inquire about a non-cataloged item.
- We also do sell through eBay so some pages may reference those active listings. If you want something offered through eBay you are welcome to purchase it here or there – we’re easy that way.
- STOCK items use the Parts Request contact form. As we’ve indicated, the quantity of items cataloged in stock far exceeds those that have been inventoried and prepped for the store so this is the form you would use to buy a stem or a staff or something from our Factory, Bestfit or C&E Marshall Systems.
- When inquiring about a specialty item you would simply use the Contact Us form. People often have questions about how to identify and locate a horological item or just want to know if we can supply soInventory Indexmething that doesn’t fit into the plethora of existing categories. Please do not be shy about using this form as this is precisely what is it for.
Completing a Purchase
- Again, this is very much purchase type dependent. The Ecwid Store has a Shopping Bag so once you’re done shopping you can use the checkout system. Payment is accepted via PayPal, Square and even a mailed check if that’s what you prefer. We will be moving away from Paypal by the middle of this year to something more fair to sellers.
- For items selected via a Parts Request we will usually send you as invoice unless you have a different payment method preference as identified above.
- Please see the Shipping Page for details on how we calculate shipping. Items usually ship within 2 business days with the exception of larger items and anything that requires pickup or delivery.
- We expect everyone to be completely satisfied with their purchase. Many, if not most of our items have an unconditional guarantee.
- We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and thus if you are not pleased we expect you to let us know. You can email or call but may discover you get a quicker response via email.
- Should you decide to return an item we only ask that you let us know it is coming. Once we have it back we will issue a full refund.
- While we would like to call our return policy unconditional, there is an expectation that the item comes back in the condition it left here.
- We have over 30 years of experience selling both at shows and online so we want everyone to be a reference for future customers as well as coming back frequently to see what we’ve added.
The bottom line is if anything about how we do business is not clear, please do not hesitate to ask.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are the items you have here all you have for sale? This site represents only a fraction of the items we have in inventory and available for sale. As time goes on we’ll find ways to make more items shown, but the best rule of thumb is that if you don’t see it here, just ask us for it by using the Contact Us form and we will check out stock and get back to you.
- What kind of warranty to you offer for items? We have a very simple rule – we want everyone to be completely satisfied with their purchase so if the item does not measure up to your expectations you can return it for replacement or refund.
- How is shipping calculated and how are your items shipped? While there are exceptions, we offer typical USPS flat-rate shipping for smaller items. Larger items can also be shipped this way but we’re also comfortable shipping UPS, so if you have a preference let us know. We’re not in the business of making money off of shipping so we try to keep it as close to our cost as possible. For more information visit our Shipping and Handling post.
- Are your parts used? Most of our parts are completely new but as most have been on the shelf for many years – in case of some of the glass watch crystals they can often be over 100 years old but still technically new because, well, they aren’t used. If we’re selling a parts watch or even a complete watch then yes, those are very likely “used.”
- Do you take offers? The answer to this is “it depends.” For watch watches, movements and tools we are willing to entertain offers. On other items we will often include in the description whether we’re willing to consider offers.
- How do I pay for stuff? If you buy through the STORE you will pay via the shopping cart, otherwise we will send an invoice via Paypal. While we prefer PayPal we also do accept payments via check by mail – please inquire for details if you would prefer to pay this way. We’ve also just begun offering invoices through Square so if this interests you or you would prefer this let us know. Purchased agreed upon through reservations or requests will be invoiced via Paypal unless otherwise requested.
- Do you repair watches and clocks? Watches yes, clocks no, however selling parts keeps us plenty busy so we’re likely to refer you to someone in your area.
- Do you sell complete watches and clocks? Occasionally we will offer a watch or clock for sale but we generally market them directly to collectors or through specialty services. If you are interested in finding a specific watch you’re welcome to ask and we’ll let you know if we have it.
- How do I accurately specify the part I need? Using the information contained in our ever growing Additional References section, try and use the precise manufacturer part number wherever possible and let us do any cross referencing necessary. To help with this effort we offer a variety of manufacturers parts catalogs for sale, at very reasonable prices, that can help you with that process. Check the References page for further guidance.
We offer mainsprings for virtually every kind of mechanical watch from the dawn of time until the late 1970’s. Ok, perhaps that is a slight exaggeration but you get the idea. Just refer to our handy guides on the Additional References page or just follow the link to one of our courtesy guides specifically for mainsprings;
Once you’ve identified the mainspring you need just send us a Parts Request!
There are numerous references available demonstrating how to do this but here’s the simplest one I’ve found;
When I find a better one I’ll add it.
Buying watch crystals can be a chore, especially for Wrist Watches. I’ve linked to some sites that act as good External References but basically if you want to order a crystal you will be reasonably well educated on what of crystal you want. To aid in that process I offer the following easy information for Wrist and Pocket Crystals.
The majority of the crystals we carry are from GS (Formerly known as the Germanow-Simon Co.) which are Acrylic. We also have other manufacturers like Electro Seal and SUC (Rocket) as well as the some of the glass crystal brands like Watchcraft, B.B. and others. We recommend Acrylic crystals above others because they are cheaper, easier to fit, and don’t break nearly as easily as glass crystals do. Plus polishing a light scratch out of an Acrylic crystals is a breeze.
Examples of vintage crystals:
LC 340 Elgin
LF 370 Illinois
LF 390 Gruen
LF 400 Wadsworth
N 550 Elgin
T 1272 New Haven
Y 837 1939 Mickey Mouse Watch
Now, having said all that we probably do have several hundred thousand glass wrist watch crystals. The trick is finding the one you want. If your heart is set on a glass crystal, send us a note and we’ll figure it out.
99.9% of Pocket Watch Crystals are round. That makes identification easier, right? Wrong.
Just as with Wrist Watch Crystals, Pocket Watch Crystals come in all different varieties and the one you need can vary quite widely if you are fitting a hunting case watch vs an old 18s open face case that has a beveled crystal.
This requires a fair amount of guidance which I think is best represented in the images; 1) The types of Glass Crystals we can supply and 2) The process for providing us the proper size.
If all else fails drop us a note and we will tell you how we can help.